St Albans sports and fitness for all the familyBeing physically active on a regular basis is a major factor to maintaining and improving your health and well being. The City and District of St Albans has much to offer to help residents engage in regular sport and physical activity. Keep fit, stay well, and participate - use the local facilities, join in the activities and events and enjoy yourself.
- Cricket - St Albans has a thriving cricket club, with four teams competing in the Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League, two teams playing in the Chess Valley League, and a flourishing Colts section. The home ground at Clarence Park offers cricket in a fantastic setting near to the centre of St Albans.
- Football - The local football team is St Albans City F.C. Its stadium is on the edge of Clarence Park. There are various football clubs for children which offer after school and holiday football camps.
- Rugby - St Albans Centurions Rugby League Club have their ground at Toulmin Drive, St Albans. They play in the London Premier League. The rugby union club is based at Oakland’s.
- Skateboarding - St Albans is home to one of the country's oldest and finest indoor skate parks, the Pioneer Skate Park in Heathlands Drive, next to the former fire station. Its ramps are available to all skateboarders and inliners.
- Golf - St Albans is a home of the Ryder Cup at Verulam Golf Club. There is also Batchwood Hall Golf Club - 18 holes of golf set in the picturesque grounds of Batchwood Hall.
- The Fitness Clubs - St Albans has wide range of fitness clubs like - Fitness first, Nuffield Health and Wellbeing club to name a few. St.Albans also has a website http://www.activestalbans.com/ which helps people to find information on all aspects of sport and physical activity in the district.
- Swimming Pools - St Albans has number of swimming pools like Westminster Lodge Sports Centre, The Dolphin Swimming School, Nuffield Fitness and Wellbeing (private)