• Cassidy and Tate Professional Outfit With Great Property MarketingCassidy and Tate's help sell my St Albans property. I was very impressed with the marketing, the photos they took made me want to stay they made the property look that good! Siobhan was very helpful t... read more.
  • An excellent sale and purchaseAn excellent sale and purchase experience - completed in just 5.5 weeks! - and made all the better and less stressful by the outstanding service and support from Graham, Siobhan and the team at Cassid... read more.
  • Highly recommend. Professional and efficient.Stuart at Cassidy and Tate was extremely helpful when we were selling our house in St Albans. Very professional photographs were taken and sensible selling price was given. We sold our two bed house a... read more.
  • Annette and HannahAnnette and Hannah have recently become our new property managers, we have been with another company for 5 years. Cassidy&Tate are totally different, I cannot believe the prompt efficient service, not... read more.
  • Great teamworkDavid, Duncan and team were fantastic throughout. Felt like I was working with friends throughout who had my back, and enabled a quick sale through to completion in order to meet my purchase timelines... read more.
  • Sales, purchase and lettings- great service!It has taken me a long time to review. Cassidy and Tate are pros, all are experienced and work hard to sell your home and most importantly to manage the process. I’ve used Cassidy and Tate for a pur... read more.
  • Exceptional service from the team!Exceptional service from the team at Cassidy and Tate. They listened to what I wanted and delivered to the highest level. Excellent communication throughout, very knowledgeable about the market and I ... read more.
  • Very quick/smooth buying processGreat experience with Duncan at Cassidy and Tate. Very smooth buying process that was tied up in about 2 months from start to finish. Duncan really helped with communications between the vendor and I ... read more.

Tenants Portal

Cassidy and Tate has a well deserved reputation for being among the most successful letting agents in St Albans and we pride ourselves in supporting those tenants we deal with.


We have put together a guide to help tenants get quick answers when our offices are closed.

What references and checks are carried out?

Personal identity check Credit Score Bankruptcy CCJs Verification of current home address Verification of home address for the last three years Current Landlord / Managing Agent reference Employer’s reference & financial checks

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is paid monthly by standing order from your bank and is normally set up to leave your account 3 days prior to your rent due date (this is typically the date on which you moved in, although not always). Be sure to tell us if your circumstances change, for instance you change banks or your employment situation changes as we can lend advice.

What is a guarantor?

If a tenant is not fully approved by the referencing process, they can ask a guarantor to support them. A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) will agree to take joint responsibility for the rent for the property if the tenant fails to. Guarantors are required to pay any rent arrears (if the tenant does not pay) and for any damages costing more than the deposit.

Is my deposit protected?

From 6th April 2007, all deposits paid to a landlord or agent for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement in England and Wales, must be protected by a Government authorised Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Cassidy and Tate are a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS).

Am I allowed pets?

No. Not unless specifically defined and agreed in advance. A security deposit may be required if agreed. If you require a property that does allow pets then please let us know and we will do our best to find a suitable property for you.

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is paid monthly by standing order from your bank and is normally set up to leave your account 3 days prior to your rent due date (this is typically the date on which you moved in, although not always). Be sure to tell us if your circumstances change, for instance you change banks or your employment situation changes as we can lend advice.

Who pays the council tax and other bills?

As the tenant you are responsible for opening accounts with the utility companies when you move into a property. These include gas, electricity, water, council tax, TV licensing, telephone and broadband etc.

Do I need contents insurance?

Yes, you must insure your contents, as the landlord’s insurance cover the actual property/goods, but not your possessions.

Unfurnished or Furnished?

Each property is let with different levels of furnishings. Unfurnished normally means carpets and white goods only. Furnished will tend to include living room furniture, dining furniture, beds and wardrobes, etc. Tenant FAQs

What is a property inspection?

Your landlord or letting agent will regularly schedule visits to the property. They want to make sure that the property is being looked after and maintained in a good condition, and they’ll be looking for any maintenance issues.

Who is responsible for repairs?

The landlord is responsible for maintaining the property in a good state of repair. They will either take care of this directly, or do so via our management department if your property is managed.

If I have any problems during my tenancy who do I contact?

If your property is managed by Cassidy and Tate then you can email your enquiry to stephen@cassidyandtate.co.uk or call 01717 228 428 You can also use our on-line reporting facility. Just click ‘report a repair’ on our homepage. If your property is not managed by Cassidy and Tate you would contact your Landlord directly.

Please click here to register your details.

If I have an emergency who should I contact?

Should you have an emergency out of office hours, please use the contacts below.

Please note, should the engineer find the problem not to be an emergency a call out charge will be incurred which you will be liable for.

Our contractors have been advised to proceed with works up to £200.00. Anything exceeding this amount will need to be quoted for and authorised with the landlord prior to the works being completed.

Useful Contacts

National Grid

Gas emergency – 0800 111 999
Electricity emergency – 0800 40 40 90

For power cuts please contact your utility provider or to report a power cut please call 105.
If you smell gas, you must call National Grid immediately.

Sewerage Emergencies (St Albans council)

0800 3169800


Peter Corti
01727 240 146 (24/7)

Charges may vary dependant on time


Leyden Electrical (James) 07751 535428, leielectrics@gmail.com


Dan Wheatley 07956 548853, dan.react4@gmail.com

Marshall McGeever 020 8950 4440, operations@marshallmcgeever.com
– Out of hours will cover boiler breakdowns, no heating/hot water, major leaks


Paul Caulfield – 0208 226 4289 (24 hour response within working hours)

For any leaks within a block of flats such as water coming through lighting or the ceiling from a flat above, please attempt to contact your neighbour first. If you are not successful with reaching them or gaining access to the flat causing water damage, please call the Fire Brigade and report this via email to: propertymanagement@cassidyandtate.co.uk.